Saturday, January 4, 2014

Doing things the right way

I did something very grown up yesterday. And yes, I realize that I am a 39 year old mother of three who holds a full-time job and teaches other adults. However, besides going to work and doing that MOM thing, I typically do not do things the right way/adult way.

The example leading to this post? Yesterday my husband and I went to a speciality running store that fits your feet for running shoes. Why is this such a grown-up, right thing to do? I have extremely flat feet. No arches. AND I overpronate. My feet are a mess. And when I exercise, which I have been for the past two months, I am really, really feeling it in my knees, feet and lower back. I have had friends tell me to go this store and I just didn't listen. Until yesterday. With a bit of pushing from my husband we took some Christmas money and took the plunge to the fancy running shoe store. Here are my special, ultra supportive, non-mobilizing shoes.





Like little pillows of heaven on my feet. Wait, I have not gone running yet! But I did wear them while playing Just Dance with Jack last night AND I wore them from the car to Pilates class, where I promptly took them off and put them on the side of the classoom. They are so pretty.

Anyway, this is not just about my fancy sneakers. This is to me taking care of me. I am almost 40 years old. Things are starting to hurt. Gray hairs are sprouting and new crinkles are showing up on my face. Working out makes me really tired and having a late night with friend requires a two day recovery period.

I want to be a good role model for my children. I want them to watch me take pride in body, flaws and all and treat it like the temple it should be.

Who knows where I will go from here? I do know I need a mammogram this year. Who I am I fooling? I just need to go the gynocologist period. I have not been since Jack was born!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Turning this life and pointing to a bright future!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment