Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year: back to blogging!

Well, my last post was about starting back to work and how tired I was. Apparently, I never got past the tired and frantic state, because I did not post the whole Fall semester! Wow! And guess what?! I realized that this blog is a journal, keeping me aware of my feelings and more in tune to what is happening around me! Aha. Another advantage of blogging!

So, what happened while I was not blogging? I was totally consumed with the classes I was teaching and attempting to maintain sanity at home. The results: I feel like I have aged five years. Actually, I look like I aged five years. No joke. I exercised ONE time the whole semeseter. I consumed way too much wine and junk food (ahem, not good comfort replacements) and just feel YUCK!!!! When did this all hit me? When I was looking at pics of myself from Christmas! Holy smokes.....did NOT like what I saw!!!!

Anyway, enough looking backwards..........I have so much to be excited about and to look forward to!!! I got a new, full-time job that starts Jan. 9th! While going from an adjunct teaching position to a full-time positition seems like it might make my more hectice....I think it will make me more organized and fulfilled. As much as I enjoyed teaching college courses, not having an office, benefits, and colleagues made it isolating and frustrating. I now still get to work with adults, have an office ( meaning my house will be less cluttered), and be on a real schedule. I am super excited about this. Still a bit nervous (who isn't starting a new job?). I also am starting my term as co-president of our local early childhood organization. This will be alot of work, but again....I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Something else to be super happy about....my three beautiful, happy, and healthy children; my supportive and funny husband, and a BRAND NEW NEPHEW (born December 11, 2011)!!

Anyway, hoping to attend to my blog more frequently in 2012! Happy New Year to all!!!!!! Here is a pic of the sweet new addition our family!! So excited for my sister and her husband!


No comments:

Post a Comment