Friday, August 5, 2011

Five minute Friday: Whole

Linking up to Gypsy Mama's Five Minute Friday! Come take a look at the thoughts and wonderings of all these lovely ladies. And maybe write a few yourself;)!

This week's prompt: whole

Starting now:

Whole. A whole lot of what? Man, these small words just hit home with me everyweek! I have to take a deep breath and just write, because if I stop and think it hits a bit too hard.

Not really feeling whole lately. Something is certainly missing? What is it? I am a mom, a wife, a friend, a sister, a daughter and a teacher. Lots of little things, but it is not adding up. Lately, I feel like I am just going through the motions. Not feeling, just doing. And I don't like it, not one bit.

What is that missing something? Pretty sure I know. Should I say it aloud? FAITH. Yes, I believe. But it is underlying everthing that I think and do? Does it even cross my mind everyday? No. I need to focus on what I believe. Read, pray, study. Take the time to think and reflect. This is something that will begin to close those gaps. Something that will begin to pull it together. Leading to a wholeness.

So why do I resist? Why do I let it sit in the back of my mind. This wholeness. This spirituality?

stop


6 comments:

  1. So true. :-) Even if we seem to be complete on the outside, it is only God who can make us whole on the inside. I enjoyed reading your post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are trying the same thing to make faith a first thought not a second or third. Good luck and prayers to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this:
    "I need to focus on what I believe. Read, pray, study. Take the time to think and reflect. This is something that will begin to close those gaps. Something that will begin to pull it together. Leading to a wholeness."
    so much wisdom in this....it IS in the private, personal times of communion with Him that things begin to come together...and we are made whole.
    Beautifully honest~
    Thank you,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so right beth!! i struggle w/ this concept daily! it definately is hard to "let go" and have faith but its so worth it!! i think sometimes its so hard b/c we are a "want it now" society that sometimes its hard to have faith and BE PATIENT and let God....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do we leave Faith in the back of our minds? We know the right things to do, yet we resist just doing it. We get comfortable in our brokenness, but Jesus wants to make us whole. I love your honesty, Beth. Thanks for visiting my blog today. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beth....
    Have you ever heard of Precept Bible Study?....it has changed my life...the way I read the word, hear the word preached, hear songs and live. You really dig through every word...a real commitment but awesome.

    ReplyDelete