Thursday, May 5, 2011

Transitions

Busy, exciting, and frustrating past couple of days. Busy because I am finishing my student's grades and wrapping up end of semester stuff (actually, this has been the frustrating part because of students arguing about grades and missing deadlines. Also busy because it is Teacher Appreciation Week and I have tried doing some little things for my children's teachers. AND, exciting because I registered Jack for kindergarten and Madison had her MIDDLE SCHOOL orientation tonight. And I am typing this because I am trying to distract myself from the fact that I have the stomach flu. Gross. Gross. Gross.

So here are some pics and recaps of the events. First, Jack's registsration. He was so super sweet. I asked him what he wanted to wear and he told me a "handsome" shirt and jeans. He knew just the shirt. He brushed his hair and looked soooooo stinking cute! Here he is on the way to the school.

He ran, skipped and jumped all the way to the front door. He, of course, got a bit bashful when we got inside. I told him not to act silly. Then I felt bad, because as we left, he asked, "can I act silly when we get back in the car?" Of course he was just acting silly because he was nervous:(! Anyway,he did great. We got tours of the traditional kindergarten classrooms (as opposed to multiage). I think this is the best choice for him. I picked up his graduation pictures from preschool today....ADORABLE!! My family followers, you will get pics soon:)!

Jack on his way up to the school!

Madison's orientation was bittersweet for both of us. I can not believe she is going to middle school!!! She is excited,nervous, and sad (to be leaving Lake Ridge). I am excited for her. I REALLY liked the middle school. She will be doing chorus. I, of course, did not bring a camera inside the tour, but snapped a shot before we left. I told her we can see how much she grows from now until then:)! She looked so tall, mature, and beautiful at the orientation. I am proud of her.


I have managed to do a bit of crafting this week. I attempted a Shabby Chic redo on this "gossip table". It turned out okay, but I definitely learned some lessons in painting furniture! I am currently looking for fabric for seat section. I will post an after picture when all is complete:).

Before:

I hope I am not sick all night!!! Too much to do tomorrow!!

Toodles,
beth

No comments:

Post a Comment