Tuesday, January 7, 2014

After hours

I am trying so hard to stick to my one blog entry a day!! Last night my laptop would not let me onto my page, so my much anticipated post (ha) ad to wait until today. Boo.

Yeserday was a full day back in the work world and as soon as I got home I could feel all of my New Year's hopes and dreams leaving my body. There is somthing about me NOT BEING able to leave my work mindset (and often bad mood) behind me! I didn't feel like exercising, I wanted to be on the computer, I was craving junk and just being a big old crab to my family. I felt like I was back at square one. Or negative one. Whatever.

I exused myself to go take a shower before dinner. It took a few minutes to relax. By about halfway through, I could hear the kids loudly playing,I could smell dinner that Chris was making and I was really appreciating the hot shower on this 3 degrees day. I thought I was fixed. Positive thoughts work! I got out of the shower, clean, fresh, and ready to be with my family. I even took this awewsome picture of my sweet family life when I cam downstairs:





Feeling like I conquered, well-a bad day, I sat down at the table with my family. And found my bad mood again. My seven year old has some eating isses and does whatever he can to avoid eating. And I was like a hawk on him the whole time. It was tiring and ridiculous (on both of our parts, I might add). Chris tried to lighten the mood, but it really did not help. At all. I put this dark cloud over dinner.

I tried to shake the mood for the rest of the night, but I was just not fooling anyone. PMS? Work? Lack of mental control? All of the above? I don't know. I just know I thougth I was doing so well focusing on the family. I feel like the more hours I am away from them the more difficult it is for me to get back into their world. Tough.

Today was a bit better...well, I haven't gone home yet. I do have an exercise class tonight so maybe that is a key to the work to home transistion. Only time will tell.

I did read an amazing blog entry by Emily Freeman at Chatting at the Sky today. Amazing. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment